Confessions of a Moo

Aimless Ramblings of a Distracted Mind..

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

On Blogging... A Rant


So, blogging... Yes, I'll admit, I'm an addict. There is nothing like browsing blogs when you're looking for way to waste time while trapped behind a desk, at work.. But I am starting to feel as though blogging has made me lose touch with people, as much as it is keeping me in touch with them. For example, my good friend L. He and I, when in high school, would email each other every night.. newsy emails of considerable length, talking about everything from our love lives, to social issues, to cadbury creme eggs.. after moving to our respective universities, the emailing gave way to nightly MSN conversations.. we'd spend hours discussing random happenings of the day.. the "pennies" of life.. now, I read
his blog, and he (i THINK?!?) reads mine.. and our communication basically ends there. it's really quite sad. i havent seen him for ages... not since christmas... and although the breakdown of communication is largely my own fault, i miss him.

Blogs are interesting things. Browsing the "Recently Updated" section of Blogger proves that people use them for all sorts of reasons. There are those who blog to express
opinions on anything that strikes their interest; those who blog as a means of release; those who blog to keep a record of their daily activities; those who blog to provide information; there are those who blog for pure entertainment; those who blog to track their progress towards a goal; those who blog to... i dont know... provide graphic descriptions of their sexual pursuits? While some are just... bizarre... most blogs are fairly interesting to read. It's pretty neat to see what different people are experiencing; how different people think... and it's always nice to know that someone as far away as the UK or the Czech Republic is living through the day to day tedium of life.. just like you.

I've forgotten what my point was. Typical. Yet another problem with the "advance" of technology in communication
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home