Confessions of a Moo

Aimless Ramblings of a Distracted Mind..

Friday, August 05, 2005

Ode to an Eraser

Smallfat's Note: I wrote this when I was about thirteen, but only came across it today. Enjoy!

You are so small and white
You're not heavy, but light
You make my page look bright
Don't get why no-one quite
Appreciates you; I'll put that right
You're such a pretty sight
I don't mean to excite
But I love you, and I might
Just have to hug you tight
I hope it won't give you a fright
My love for you is at a height
Never reached by a kite
I think I'm drunk, I'll pop a vite
Swallow it without a bite
Gulp it down with some Sprite
Taking that pill was not too bright
I know this because I dite
But I still love you with all my might.

(Author's Note: I began this poem when I realized that most people take things like erasers for granted. That's unfair! Reach out and Hug Your Eraser Today!)

Smallfat's Note: Disclaimer, I wasn't drinking. I just needed to provide continuity for the poem. I was not an alcoholic teenager. In fact, aside from the occasional glass of wine at dinner with my parents, I did not really drink at all until I was 19 and legal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home