Confessions of a Moo

Aimless Ramblings of a Distracted Mind..

Saturday, November 11, 2006

RFotD:
The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear. Any cup-shaped object placed over the ear produces the same effect.

Weight:
104.8 lbs

Consumption:
12 kappa maki rolls
one slice of a small thin crust veggie pizza

Aimless Ramblings:
I did something today that I didn’t expect to be able to do for a very long time. And, to my astonishment, it didn’t make me angry, or upset, or bitter, or negative in any way. It was, surprisingly, extremely reassuring and comforting.

I opened up my “Alex Box” today. I pulled out three items: a ring, a wallet sized picture, and a sweatshirt. I put the ring and sweatshirt on, and curled up in bed with LB, picture in hand, and for the first time in six months, I felt safe.

I was afraid that I would feel horrible about the fact that what I had imagined to be “unconditional” love had ended up having a limit. I was afraid that I would feel even more upset and jaded. I didn’t. I felt cozy. I remembered what it fem lt like to feel protected; to feel loved. And even though I am not feeling that way now, I had that love once. And nothing can take away the memory of that love.

Cheesy? Well, perhaps. But it made me feel marginally better about the shit-hole that has been the past month, and that’s what matters.

Mood Tracker:
21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home