Confessions of a Moo

Aimless Ramblings of a Distracted Mind..

Saturday, November 25, 2006

RFotD:
The word "television" has a hybrid etymology - tele derived from the Greek tēle which means "far off" and vision from the Latin vīsiō, past participle of vidēre, meaning "to see"

Weight:
103 lbs

Consumption:
2 chaps
eggplant
okra

Aimless Ramblings:
I Want My Life Back.

I’m tired of feeling like shit all the time. I’m tired of being miserable. I’m tired of having no escape at all. There isn’t a single person who doesn’t make me hurt. There isn’t a single place I can go to get away from the pain. Even if I could find a place that wasn’t fraught with associations, I couldn’t get away from myself, and right now, I’m the person I hate most.

I have a confession to make. It’s not really a secret or anything, but I’m still not sure how to feel about it. I still love my Ex. There, I said it. A few months ago, just when I thought things were getting serious with Baggage, he asked me to get back together. He said a lot of things that night that made me spend the rest of the evening crying. I hated him, at the time, for toying with my emotions. Now, I wonder whether he sincerely wanted the changes he said he would make to our relationship, to make it work. If he did, I’m an idiot for not giving “us” a chance. There was a lot about our relationship that was unhealthy. There were a million reasons why we shouldn’t have been together; a billion reasons why we wouldn’t work. But, at the end of the day, he is still the person I want to talk to when I’ve had a rough day; the only person I would even consider opening up to about what I am thinking and feeling about my own life; the person I want to spend time with. There is a part of me wants so badly to drive over to his house, throw myself into his arms, and beg him to forgive him. And yet… I can’t. I won’t. Pride? Possibly. Protection? Partially. Primarily, though, it’s the knowledge that no matter how hard we may try, things will never be the same between us.

And it’s entirely because of Baggage. I wish I had never met him. He keeps insisting that we are friends. We are NOT friends. We work together, and are affable and pleasant in this context. But I don’t want to have anything to do with him. I tried really hard to give him the benefit of the doubt; I tried to believe that we’d figure things out. But time after time, he disappoints me, and I’m tired. I can’t do this to myself anymore. I can’t care anymore. I don’t want to care anymore. I’ve deleted him on MSN. I wish I didn’t have to see him every day at the office, but there’s nothing I can really do to avoid him there. In all other circumstances and situations, though, I am throwing in the towel. I don’t want to have anything to do with him.

I haven’t been happy with who I am for a long time. But these past few months have turned me into someone I actually dislike. Between having things fall apart with the Ex, all the drama with Baggage, moving back in with my parents, and getting off the meds and therapy, I’m a total mess. And the one person who can make me feel better can no longer be there for me.

Mood Tracker:
13

2 Comments:

At November 27, 2006 1:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is too late to call/text you.... so here it is:

it is undenyable that you loved The Ex, so how are you expected to stop loving him shortly after things ended? The love doesn't end even if the relationship has. Is it wrong for you to still love him? Not at all. Is it wrong to start blaming yourself for things? Yes. You did at the time what was best for you, yes it made you cry, and I bet you still cry.
Deep down you *will* find the strength to be OK with it. Maybe not today, but it is something you have to work at everday.
Yes, and 5/7 of those days you will have to see Baggage, which must suck. But guess what? Baggage kind of stopped you from getting back with The Ex, so in that sense he was good for you. Because, then you would be in an even bigger mess now and probably even more miserable.
Baggage is also good for determining what you don't want in someone.

For the record, I think it's good tha things ended with The Ex, and that they didn't work out with Baggage. You are now a different person that who you were when you met both of them. I could say you're almost a better person.

So now you deserve to be happy. You deserve to recognise how great you are, and how successful you are. And that you don't need either of them!

Hugs,
Cherry

 
At December 03, 2006 12:03 p.m., Blogger "Larry By Day" said...

So I don't claim to know *everything* that's going on here, but sometimes there's value in a relatively uninformed view...

+ there's nothing wrong with still having feelings for your ex. It's very common. I think that the majority of people still have intense feelings towards their ex's. When someone experiences that kind of relationship and becomes attached - the loss of that is akin to losing a limb. From another view, it's like losing a massive support and reward system - kind of like never being able to have your favourite food ever again. Personally, I couldn't go without ice cream for more than a few weeks... so there you have it.

+ on to not liking who you're becoming. Given all the changes people experience in their early 20s (your's truly included), I think that it's wholly possible that things don't go neccessarily the way you want them to go. I mean, there are many MANY things I'd rather be, but in the end we have to all settle on that whcih we are given, make the most of it, and capitalize upon those strengths. Perfection is unattainable, but the appearnce of it is not. Which is not to say that one should be disingenuous, perish the thought, rather, one shoudl be confident of their own place and be ready to further themselves in small ways with a larger goal in mind. Lots of people don't know this, but I keep a notebook of things I need to rectify in my life - such accounting is anal at best - but it's constructive and reminds me of my accomplishments allowing me to move forward (onwards and upwards)

So... take it or leave it - I'm off to tennis and brunch (it's Sunday). We'll catch up over the holidays and all will be well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home